Post on this category is now moderated. Please contact us if you need further assistance.

TOPIC: Microsoft i-cafe program [Back to School Upgrade]

Microsoft i-cafe program [Back to School Upgrade] 12 Jun 2010 05:39 #242154

• izel's Avatar Topic Author
  • izel
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Microsoft continuing commitment to i-Cafes.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

The i-Cafe program is Microsoft's response to one of Internet cafe customers' unmet needs: secure and dependable computing experience in a shared PC space. By providing secure software and reliable services to Internet cafe owners, Microsoft helps you to improve the customer experience and user productivity on the shared PCs in your Internet cafes. As a result, you become the Internet cafe of choice in your community, thereby increasing your profitability and improving your competitive position.

Here's everything you need to know about the Microsoft i-Cafe program:

1. How do I know if I'm eligible? How do I sign up?

To find out if you are eligible for this program, your Internet café will need to appear in Microsoft's Eligibility List, developed in partnership with local governments, Internet café associations, and business agencies in their markets. The Anti-Piracy Lead within each subsidiary creates and maintains the i-Café Eligibility list.

The i-Café Eligibility List consists of Internet cafés registered with the local government or credible business agencies. Microsoft has partnered with local governments in response to consumer needs for a secure and dependable computing experience in Internet cafés, and to Internet cafés' need for affordable, relevant solutions. After all, fundamental to any partnership is that both partners should be on the right side of law.

If you are not on the list but want to become eligible, contact your local Microsoft Anti-Piracy Manager. He/she will address your requests on the bases of merits.

An Internet café who wants to be part of the i-Café program should first check with its authorized reseller if it is included in the Eligibility List. If the Internet café is not included, it should submit the following documents to its authorized reseller:

1.Interior and exterior pictures of the Internet café
2.SEC registration or DTI permit
3.Mayor's permit or Barangay clearance

After the required documents have been submitted for processing, the authorized reseller will notify the applicant if it is eligible and furnish it with the full details on how to avail of the program. To download the detailed ordering process for the i-Café program, please click here.

2. What are valid Windows OS base licenses for iCafes?

What are valid Windows OS base licenses for iCafes?

You may use these versions of Windows to rent-out in conjunction with the Rental Rights Agreement:

•Windows 7 Professional
•Windows Vista Business
•Windows XP Professional

Windows XP Professional and Windows Vista Business are available as a downgrade option, when you purchase Microsoft Windows 7 under the Microsoft i-Cafe Program. We are also extending a promotional offer to help you in this transition, valid only until September 16.

If your Rental Rights Agreement has expired and you currently have the non-Professional edition of Windows, you should have received a letter from Microsoft regarding your expired RRA. If you still have not received any communication, please send us an email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

3. Will the OS licenses be transferable?

No. The licenses will only be valid on the PCs where they are initially installed. Ideally, PCs should be purchased with the OS pre-installed, so that the OS remains valid as long as the PCs are working.

The i-Café program covers Microsoft Windows 7 Professional and Microsoft Office 2010 Professional with Windows 7 Professional downgradeable to both Windows Vista Business and Windows XP Professional. Existing software license agreements for Microsoft Windows and/or Microsoft Office will be retained. Should the customer add new computer units, these should be bought under the OEM license with the required Rental Rights Agreement for Microsoft Windows and Office respectively.

This message has an attachment image.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by izel.

Re:Microsoft i-cafe program [Back to School Upgrade] 12 Jun 2010 05:54 #242155

• danzguardian
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
thanks for the info mam izel..tumaas na ng tig-1k+ ayos to makakahabol pa shop ko..pero sana hindi pa ko abutin ng raid nito..ipon ulit..

Re:Microsoft i-cafe program [Back to School Upgrade] 12 Jun 2010 06:18 #242159

• precious_19b
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
izel wrote:

Microsoft continuing commitment to i-Cafes.

The i-Cafe program is Microsoft's response to one of Internet cafe customers' unmet needs: secure and dependable computing experience in a shared PC space. By providing secure software and reliable services to Internet cafe owners, Microsoft helps you to improve the customer experience and user productivity on the shared PCs in your Internet cafes. As a result, you become the Internet cafe of choice in your community, thereby increasing your profitability and improving your competitive position.

Here's everything you need to know about the Microsoft i-Cafe program:

1. How do I know if I'm eligible? How do I sign up?

To find out if you are eligible for this program, your Internet café will need to appear in Microsoft's Eligibility List, developed in partnership with local governments, Internet café associations, and business agencies in their markets. The Anti-Piracy Lead within each subsidiary creates and maintains the i-Café Eligibility list.

The i-Café Eligibility List consists of Internet cafés registered with the local government or credible business agencies. Microsoft has partnered with local governments in response to consumer needs for a secure and dependable computing experience in Internet cafés, and to Internet cafés' need for affordable, relevant solutions. After all, fundamental to any partnership is that both partners should be on the right side of law.

If you are not on the list but want to become eligible, contact your local Microsoft Anti-Piracy Manager. He/she will address your requests on the bases of merits.

An Internet café who wants to be part of the i-Café program should first check with its authorized reseller if it is included in the Eligibility List. If the Internet café is not included, it should submit the following documents to its authorized reseller:

1.Interior and exterior pictures of the Internet café
2.SEC registration or DTI permit
3.Mayor's permit or Barangay clearance

After the required documents have been submitted for processing, the authorized reseller will notify the applicant if it is eligible and furnish it with the full details on how to avail of the program. To download the detailed ordering process for the i-Café program, please click here.

2. What are valid Windows OS base licenses for iCafes?

What are valid Windows OS base licenses for iCafes?

You may use these versions of Windows to rent-out in conjunction with the Rental Rights Agreement:

•Windows 7 Professional
•Windows Vista Business
•Windows XP Professional

Windows XP Professional and Windows Vista Business are available as a downgrade option, when you purchase Microsoft Windows 7 under the Microsoft i-Cafe Program. We are also extending a promotional offer to help you in this transition, valid only until September 16.

If your Rental Rights Agreement has expired and you currently have the non-Professional edition of Windows, you should have received a letter from Microsoft regarding your expired RRA. If you still have not received any communication, please send us an email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

3. Will the OS licenses be transferable?

No. The licenses will only be valid on the PCs where they are initially installed. Ideally, PCs should be purchased with the OS pre-installed, so that the OS remains valid as long as the PCs are working.

The i-Café program covers Microsoft Windows 7 Professional and Microsoft Office 2010 Professional with Windows 7 Professional downgradeable to both Windows Vista Business and Windows XP Professional. Existing software license agreements for Microsoft Windows and/or Microsoft Office will be retained. Should the customer add new computer units, these should be bought under the OEM license with the required Rental Rights Agreement for Microsoft Windows and Office respectively.

yung mga nkapag avail na ng first wave pwede ba uli kumuha nito?
kase dadagdag kami ng pc in the future, eh gusto namin samantalahin ito promo para mura kesa kpag ala ng promo

Re:Microsoft i-cafe program [Back to School Upgrade] 12 Jun 2010 06:27 #242160

• izel
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
post po kayo ng mga questions at tom ko n po sasagutin. :)
sleep muna ako :D

Last edit: Post by izel.

Re:Microsoft i-cafe program [Back to School Upgrade] 12 Jun 2010 08:26 #242164

• Lernquest
  • Staff Emeritus
  • Staff Emeritus
wow may 2nd chance....

pano kung naka avail na tapos magdadagdag ng units pwede kaya mag avail for the 2nd time

Re:Microsoft i-cafe program [Back to School Upgrade] 12 Jun 2010 13:33 #242174

• Katropa
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
O yung mga dumaing na hindi na umabot sa first promo. siguro naman makaka avail na kayo nyan....

Re:Microsoft i-cafe program [Back to School Upgrade] 12 Jun 2010 13:46 #242176

• hapijoyph
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Parang mahal yata kung
Windows 7 OEM yan, P2,277 sa iba ...
Windows 7 Home Basic OEM mura yan, P4,777 sa iba ...

Ang mura lang ay yung MS Office 2007

just my 2cents lang po

Re:Microsoft i-cafe program [Back to School Upgrade] 12 Jun 2010 14:38 #242190

• woofworks
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
bkit ang mahal nga po ata

Re:Microsoft i-cafe program [Back to School Upgrade] 12 Jun 2010 14:55 #242195

• stanelope
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
starter kit lang po un sir...

parang starter kit po un sir

3. Microsoft Windows 7 Starter (OEM) New
32-bit Operating System
P 2,277

14. Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (OEM) New
32-bit Operating System
P 7,777

professional lang allowed sa business natin..

ung starter kit and home edition eh hindi pwede sa icafe...

Re:Microsoft i-cafe program [Back to School Upgrade] 12 Jun 2010 14:59 #242196

• izel
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Lernquest wrote:

wow may 2nd chance....

pano kung naka avail na tapos magdadagdag ng units pwede kaya mag avail for the 2nd time

The i-Café program covers Microsoft Windows 7 Professional and Microsoft Office 2010 Professional with Windows 7 Professional downgradeable to both Windows Vista Business and Windows XP Professional. Existing software license agreements for Microsoft Windows and/or Microsoft Office will be retained. Should the customer add new computer units, these should be bought under the OEM license with the required Rental

Moderators: Itwarehouse Speclin
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds